New Life Goal

Read some article in LinkedIn, and came across this article by Amy Cuddy, "Why We Leave So Many Job Interviews Feeling Regretful... and How We Can Learn to Leave Them Feeling Satisfied". The paragraph below just hit me so hard in the head and make me realise what I was doing wrong all this time. 

 "But how did we get there? We got there by worrying what others would think of us, but believing we already knew what they thought; by feeling powerless and consenting to that feeling; by clinging to the outcome and attributing far too much importance to it instead of focusing on the process. These worries coalesce into a toxic cocktail of self-defeat." - Amy Cuddy


I was worrying about how people expect me to be and how people think of me rather than doing my best to show them what I got. I don't know why, but somehow I feel that I am born this way of thinking too much and conscious about how people look at me. Its not something that I know it's wrong and I can change it right away like changing a dirty underwear. I am going to make it a goal to improve myself by not being so fearful of what people would think about me. I just do ME and that's what I am going for. Thank you for the awesome article teaching people how to manage yourself before going to a job interview. This was way way far better and effective than telling what to answer to questions that job interviewer would ask. Hopefully, I can throw away this habit and fear of mine in a year. 


I'll link the article below if you guys are interested:

"Why We Leave So Many Job Interviews Feeling Regretful... and How We Can Learn to Leave Them Feeling Satisfied"


Comments

Popular Posts